Saturday 5 November 2016

CHNC challenge 306: vintage or anything goes as long as it's Christmas


You really are rocking those Christmas creations - what a fantastic number of entries for last week's challenge - I hope we can top that number this week.

Please note that I publish the prize winners here and on our facebook page, but don't notify winners individually - it is up to you all to check to see if you have won and email me as requested. There are one or two unclaimed prizes, so it's worth having a look back to see if you were a winner.


Please note that my email to send to is craftyhazelnut@gmail.com

Before I tell you about this week's challenge, I need to let you know the winners of challenge 305. There were three opportunities to win a prize.

The first winner:

Number 137: Pamela, who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations,Pamela. Please email me at craftyhazelnut@gmail.com so I can arrange for you to receive your £10 voucher from Crafter's Companion.

The second winner:

Number 106: Lozzy, who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Lozzy. Please email me at craftyhazelnut@gmail.com so I can arrange for you to receive your voucher for £10 to spend at Crafty Ribbons:


The third winner:

Number 125: Jackie Edwards, who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Jackie. Please email me at craftyhazelnut@gmail.com so I can arrange for you to receive your prize package from Tando Creative.

The fourth winner:

Number 57: Hester, who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Hester. Please email me at craftyhazelnut@gmail.com so I can arrange for you to receive your Crafty Bob CD-rom kindly donated by Craftsuprint.

As this is the 1st Saturday in the month, this is the theme for:

Challenge 306:

vintage
or anything goes as long as it's Christmas

This week there are four opportunities to win a prize as usual, winners will be chosen randomly. I do hope we will get a lot of entries this week to encourage these wonderful sponsors.

The first sponsor is Dazzling Ace Designs:

'Hi Suzy B here....Dazzling Ace Designs....The Home of all things Vintage and more.....I mainly specialize in Vintage an era the never seems to date.....but I have decided to diversify into other ranges, check out my cute and fantasy range and also my Shabby Chic Range .....most of my images are printed on to a good quality glossy photo card....those that are not are printed on to a good quality smooth white card 300gsm......my images are ideal for Journal Cards/Toppers, Cardmaking Scrapbooking, Altered Art, Memory Books and more....I add new items each week, so please if you have time please pop back and have a peep, I am sure you will not be disappointed..... Hugs Suzy B'

The prize for the randomly chosen winner will be £10.00 to spend in the EBay Shop Dazzling Ace Designs on any of the images.

The second sponsor is Star Stampz:


Sarah, the owner, says:

'This is a branched account and shop just for my digital stamps and downloads. My main shop has all my art merchandise and prints. I've discovered the world of stamping more recently but the artist in me was very attracted by the creativity. I hope to do more art available as digistamps for others to create with!'

The randomly chosen winner will receive three digital images of their choice from Star Stampz.

The third sponsor is Lunagirl Images:



'My name is Karen, owner of Lunagirl Images. In 2004, after collecting vintage ephemera for most of my life, I started digitizing and restoring images and designing digital supplies for artists and crafters (my husband collected antique books and prints, so we had quite a house full!) We are proud to have been the first company to offer digital vintage image collections of this size and quality at prices affordable to the home crafter.

At Lunagirl.com (and in my etsy shop) I currently offer you several hundred unique digital collage sheets and dozens of themed craft CDs -- over 30,000 images so far! They are a great resource for card making, scrapbooking, jewelry making, and much more, easy to use, carefully researched and curated, all thoughtfully organized and lovingly cleaned up, ready to you to use in your projects. I love altering and embellishing these beautiful and fascinating images and seeing what my customers create with them.

In addition to digital art and design, I enjoy painting on wood, creating assemblage icons and shrines, reading history books, bellydancing, cooking, and sewing with my vintage Singer. I'm also blessed to be the mom of two teenaged boys.'

The randomly chosen winner will be able to choose a digital collage sheet from Lunagirl Images.

The fourth sponsor is Die Cuts with a view - more information soon.

Please visit the websites of these generous sponsors and support them - you will be spoiled for choice!

Please look down the sidebar on the right to see all of the sponsors giving out prizes during this year - quite a few new ones as well as others who have been giving generously in the past. I am so thankful for everyone coming on board to support me. When buying your crafting goodies, please click on the links to see what's on offer in their online stores and support them as much as you can with your orders.

I'm afraid it's been one of those weeks when I've been chasing my tail all the time, playing catch up, so I haven't yet got a new card to show. However, I thought I would show two cards that I made and blogged at the beginning of the year, using sponsor images. Obviously, because they have been blogged previously, I won't be showing these cards this week on My Crafty Outlook.

For this card I used an image supplied by one of this week's sponsors, Dazzling Ace Designs:



And for this card I used an image supplied by one of this week's sponsors,  Lunagirl Images:



Now it's over to you. As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques - and this week you can make and share anything as long as it's for Christmas ... vintage if you care to follow that theme, but you don't have to.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your creation can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 11 November 2016. Please include a link to this blogpost within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on Saturday 12 November 2016 when there will be four prizes thanks to generous sponsors.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you.

Please also consider going to CHNC Facebook page and clicking 'like' if you haven't done so already and encourage your friends to do the same. We now have 481 'likes' - but there's plenty of room for more! Perhaps we can soon get up to 500. I always try to show at least one of my creations for the next challenge in advance and it's a good place to catch up with any news, winners etc.


Don't forget that 'anything goes' monthly challenges are on my Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra blog - you can share any Christmas creation you make throughout the whole month, including those that you link here - there is no restriction on the number of entries you can make throughout the month - the link for CHNC challenge extra for November is here.


I also run a challenge blog called Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - anything goes as long as you use some patterned paper - a randomly chosen prize winner every month. Please click on the link to find out more. If you have used patterned paper for your Christmas creation, why not enter it there too. And please be aware that the Patterned Paper Challenge is not restricted to Christmas - it is for any occasions as long as some patterned paper has been used.

Thank you for your support
I look forward to seeing your entries

14 comments:

  1. Wow I am a winner. Thank you.
    Ans congratulations to the other ladies.
    Hugs Hester

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel! I can't see a linky so here's mine http://hazelshandmadecrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/thinking-of-you-at-christmas.html

    Hugs, Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the winners!
    Hugs, Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the linky, Hazel ... suddenly realised this morning that I hadn't included it. It's there now and I've added your beautiful bag. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done winners, great challenge.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Dance to the winners - thanks for a new challenge blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel,
    Mm, bad me! I keep forgetting to link over... anyway managed it ... lovely cards by the DT well done, ladies! and congrats to picks too
    Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hazel Thaks for a fun new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous makes from the DT, asks for a great challenge.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous DT creations.
    Thank you for another super Christmas challenge.
    Hugs, Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the win and congratulations to winner...Hugs Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments