Saturday 28 December 2013

CHNC challenge 157: starting all over again?


Well, Christmas has been and gone and I do hope that you enjoyed the celebrations. I was amazed at the number of entries this week. Despite making cards throughout the year, some of you, like me, were still making and showing them up to the last minute!

We are now looking toward 2014 and I want to take this opportunity to wish you all

A very Happy New Year

Thank you so much for all your support and friendship throughout another year and I look forward to seeing lots of festive makes throughout the coming year. If you found this challenge blog late in the year, please consider joining us from the beginning of the year to ensure that there is no panic later on. Please don't put your Christmas crafting stuff away ... keep it handy and make Christmas cards throughout the year.

Before I get on to today's challenge, I need to let you know the winners of challenge 156. There were, of course, three opportunities to win a prize.

Please note that I publish the prize winners here and on our facebook page, but don't notify winners individually - it is up to you all to check to see if you have won and email me as requested.

The first winner:

Number 81: Bettyirene, who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Betty. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com with your full name and address so that I can arrange for you to receive your £10 worth of goodies from Crafty Poodles.

The second winner:

Number 98: NanaConnie, who shared this lovely card:



Congratulations, NanaConnie. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to receive your two digital images from Stamp n doodle.

The third winner:


Number 31: Emily Shroom, who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Emily. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com with your full name and address so I can arrange for you to receive your £10 gift voucher from Bearly mine designs.

Now on to:
Challenge 157

For today's challenge please share any Christmas cards - either some that you are already making for next Christmas or any that you made earlier and haven't yet shared

The first sponsor is a regular supporter of CHNC:  Robyn'sFetish Digital Stamps And More:


'Robyn'sFetish Digital Stamps And More, a division of I Did It Creations, was created and is owned by Robyn Weinrib. Robyn offers a wonderful variety of digital stamps and digital papers, designed to meet the needs of all digital paper crafting addicts for every occasion.'

Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps And More is happy to award the randomly chosen winner the choice of 5 digital stamps.

The second sponsor is Stamp Your Life:


The randomly chosen winner will receive a $10 gift certificate the spend in their Etsy shop.

The third sponsor is new to CHNC: QKR Stampede:


'Do you have a sense of humor? Are you looking for a cute stamp? Then, we are the company for you! QKR Stampede is the somewhat cute somewhat quirky rubber and digital stamp company. We showcase the artwork of Ken Herrod, who had a unique, somewhat quirky style with lots of humor and character. You are sure to get a chuckle out of our stamps! We have been offering our unique stamps and supplies to the craft industry for over 15 years. At QKR Stampede our images are available as un-mounted, natural red rubber stamps OR as digital stamps! If QKR Stampede Stamps aren't exactly what you are looking for, don’t miss out on the sister companies: Eureka Stamps, Biblical Impressions Rubber Stamps, or the newest addition; Alluring Impressions.'

Please visit the websites of these generous sponsors and support them -
you will be spoiled for choice!


Two cards made from Hunkydory kits that I didn't have time to show before Christmas - more about them here on My Crafty Outlook:




Now it's over to you. As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques - and this week I'd like to see any Christmas cards that you've made at the last minute or made earlier, but didn't have a chance to blog - or new cards that you have made to get ahead for next Christmas - it is never too early!!

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 3 January. Please include a link to this blogpost within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish - I think we all need to increase our stock at this time of the year - and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on Saturday 4 January when there will once again be three chances to win a prize, thanks to generous sponsors.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you. Also it would be great if you would consider becoming a follower - lovely to welcome recent new followers and 'likers' on facebook.

Please also consider going to CHNC Facebook page and clicking 'like' - there are now 251 'likes' - it would be great if we could increase this even more. I always show at least one of my cards for the next challenge in advance and it's a good place to catch up with any news, winners etc.

Don't forget

Don't forget that 'anything goes' monthly challenges are on my Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra blog - you can share any Christmas card you make throughout the whole month, including those that you link here - there is no restriction on the number of entries you can make throughout the month - the link for CHNC challenge extra for January is here.

Thank you for your support
I look forward to seeing your entries

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Wow, my number came up! Thanks for the great prize :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Hazel. I hope I'll be able to create more cards next year than I did this year. Thanks for giving us weekly and monthly incentives to do so. I also realised I have some CC CDs, so maybe I should have a look at those to get me started with some quick makes. Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many congratulations Hazel to your winners and what gorgeous cards they are so well deserved to be winners...... Your cards are so beautiful truly lovely all of what you create is stunning.....Wishing you and your families a Happy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. such beautiful cards Hazel :)
    i am so glad i found your challenge blog way back when as it keeps me making christmas cards and this year i had mine all ready to send out by the end of October!!!
    looking forward to a FUN 2014 with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you Hazel. Thank you for the challenges.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work by the team. Happy New Year!

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments