Saturday 17 August 2013

CHNC challenge 138: no sentiment

What a fabulous response to the picture inspiration for CHNC challenge 137 - so many lovely interpretations - all very creative and inspiring. Thank you so much for your support and help to make this blog a great place to be. It's lovely seeing new folk coming on board week by week and some of you who have been entering cards for most of the challenges - thank you.

Before I get on to today's challenge, I need to let you know the winners of challenge 137. There were, of course, three opportunities to win a prize.

The first winner:

Number 9: Asha who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Asha. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to receive the $21 of digital stamps from Bugaboo Stamps .

The second winner:

Number 20: Steph, who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Steph. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to receive your $20 of stamps from Flonz craft.

The third winner:

Number 60: Marianne's Craftroom, who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Marianne. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com with your full name and address so I can arrange for you to receive your £10 voucher from Paper Creator.

Now on to:
Challenge 138

For today's challenge I'd like you to take make a Christmas card without a sentiment on the front


The first sponsor today is That Craft Place:


Lisa Horton, the owner, runs on online shop as well as a bricks and mortar one in Eastbourne:

'We are a UK based bricks and mortar craft shop, stocking craft and card making supplies. We are dedicated to providing quality craft items at great prices. We stock a huge range of stamps, inks, alterable materials, embellishments, tools and all you need to create fabulous projects.



We pride ourselves on being welcoming, helpful and honest when it comes to purchasing products. We always offer to show you how to use items before you buy them, and you can try out the latest products in stock.'

The prize: cotton ribbons, florals and a stamp.

I can say from personal experience that there is always a warm welcome from the owner, Lisa Horton, and the rest of her staff. It is a delight to visit the shop and find lots of temptation ... I've always come away with some delightful purchases. And it's just as tempting to browse the online shop and also on facebook.

The second sponsor is Delicious Doodles:


'Delicious Doodles is a young company with myself, Teri, as the Sole Trader/Designer.

I have doodled and sketched all of my life. I started making greetings cards when my last child was born, and used my doodles on them as I couldn't find what I wanted in the usual craft places. 

I only started selling my images in the Autumn of 2009. I design and hand/mouse-draw all of the images that are sold in the Delicious Doodles Shop. Some are cutsie animals, some are sketched flowers, there are a few men's images, fairies and also some 'darker' images featuring vampires, skulls and Gothic stuff, something for everyone! '

The randomly chosen winner will be able to choose 4 digital images.

The third sponsor is Crafter's Companion:

Crafter's Companion is a well known haven of crafting goodies of all descriptions. They are giving a £10 voucher to the randomly chosen winner.

Please visit the websites of these generous sponsors and support them -
you will be spoiled for choice!

For my first card I've followed a sketch - more info here on My Crafty Outlook:


For my second card I've used a shaped card blank and, once again, I've followed a sketch - you can read about it here:




Now it's over to you. As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card. - this week please please make a card without a sentiment on the front.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 23 August. Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish (a good way to build up your stock of Christmas cards) and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on Saturday24 August when there will once again be three chances to win a prize, thanks to generous sponsors.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you.

Please also consider going to CHNC Facebook page and clicking 'like' - there are now over 190 'lies' - it would be great if we could increase this to 200 or more soon. I always show at least one of my cards for the next challenge in advance and it's a good place to catch up with any news, winners etc.

Don't forget

Don't forget that 'anything goes' monthly challenges are on my Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra blog - you can share any Christmas card you make throughout the whole month, including those that you link here - there is no restriction on the number of entries you can make throughout the month - the link for CHNC challenge extra for August is here.

Thank you for your support
I look forward to seeing your entries

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. This is my sort of challenge - I'm terrible at adding sentiments to my cards - more often than not they don't have sentiments! Congrats to the winners from the last challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for choosing me as a winner and thanks for another great challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the winners Hazel and what a lovely array cards great sketch too and gorgeous vintage image another brilliant challenge too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all of the inspiration in your beautiful cards and the chance to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous inspiration cards Hazel, thank you for another great challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done to the winners, another great theme this week Hazel!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel, don't know how I've done it but I've managed two again this week and that despite challenges of another nature altogether conspiring to prevent me :) Congratulations to the winners. Oh, and, just as you said, this was a challenge I liked :)) Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments