Saturday 10 August 2013

CHNC challenge 137: picture inspiration


What a lovely lot of joy and love your spread with your entries for last week's challenge 136 - I so enjoyed looking at your lovely Christmas crafting. Thank you all for your support - it's good to see some new folk joining in as the year progresses, as well as lots of you entering the challenges week by week and building up a stock of Christmas cards. If you haven't started yet, this would be a good time.

Before I get on to today's challenge, I need to let you know the winners of challenge 136. There were, of course, three opportunities to win a prize.

The first winner:

Number 3, Sandra H, who shared this lovely card:



Congratulations, Sandra. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to receive the CD-rom of your choice from Ooh la la Creations.

The second winner:

Number 12: KT Fit Kitty, who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Kitty. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to receive 3 digital stamps of your choice from Crafts 4 eternity.

The third winner:

Number 28: meg, who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Meg. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com with your full name and address so I can arrange for you to receive your polar white flower soft and glue  from Katy Sue Designs.

Now on to:
Challenge 137

For today's challenge I'd like you to take inspiration from this picture - use the colours, the shape, any of the items in the picture - interpret in the way you wish

The first sponsor today is a familiar one here at CHNC:

Bugaboo Stamps are proud to sponsor this challenge:

Everything That You Ever Wanted to Know About Bugaboo Stamps: A Short Essay
As if raising five children in the frozen land of the North was not enough of a challenge, Jodie Mackrell decided to dip her cold little Canadian toes into the world of papercrafting by opening an online store full of her illustrations. That was two years ago. Today Bugaboo Stamps is one of the leading companies in digital images, and we're still growing!  From seriously snarky to sugary sweet to sublimely soulful all the way over to the other side of the super sexy spectrum, you're bound to find all that you need and more to create your paper projects.  Jodie works very hard to provide New Releases and Freebies every week! 
 If your taste runs to rubber (and you know who you are), you can find Bugaboo Stamps   at Totally Stampalicious. And finally, join the Bugaboo Stamps DT   for weekly challenges at Catch the Bug

Bugaboo Stamps are offering $21 of digital stamps to the randomly chosen winner.

The second sponsor is another familiar one, Flonz craft:


Flonz craft is a New Zealand based company who are offering a $20 voucher to spend in their online store - and they will generously send to anywhere in the world with free p & p.They have an amazing range of stamps - the winner certainly will have fun choosing, including some lovely Christmas ones that you could then use for a future challenge.

The third sponsor is Paper Creator:


'Paper Creator is an online store selling card making downloads, printable crafts & Sassy Cheryl's coloured illustrations.

We also now stock Sassy Cheryl's brand new rubber stamp range which are exclusive to us here in the UK.'

Paper Creator are offering the randomly chosen winner a £10 voucher to be spent in their online store.

Please visit the websites of these generous sponsors and support them -
you will be spoiled for choice!

For my first card I've concentrated on the colours, also the trees, using a stamp supplied by Flonz craft - more info here on My Crafty Outlook:



For my second card I concentrated on the colours and included a reindeer - more info on My Crafty outlook here.


Now it's over to you. As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card. - this week please use this picture for inspiration:


I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 16 August. Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish (a good way to build up your stock of Christmas cards) and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on Saturday17 August when there will once again be three chances to win a prize, thanks to generous sponsors.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you.

Please also consider going to CHNC Facebook page and clicking 'like' - there are now over 189 likes - it would be great if we could increase this to 200 or more soon. I always show at least one of my cards for the next challenge in advance and it's a good place to catch up with any news, winners etc.

Don't forget

Don't forget that 'anything goes' monthly challenges are on my Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra blog - you can share any Christmas card you make throughout the whole month, including those that you link here - there is no restriction on the number of entries you can make throughout the month - the link for CHNC challenge extra for August is here.

Thank you for your support
I look forward to seeing your entries

Pin It

13 comments:

  1. Well done to the winners! And what a great challenge Hazel - as I say, I love that your challenges are a little bit fluid allowing room for some interpretation. Gorgeous cards, especially the red and white one!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Hazel, Oh my goodness l am so happy and surprised to read that l'm the lucky winner of my choice of Cd from Ooh la la creations l have send on my details and congratulations to the other winners your cards are so well deserved winners too.....another great challenge Hazel and great cards your cards are always so inspiring thank you so much enjoy your weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the winners.
    I have made my card for this challenge but I can't see the link yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A big apology that I forgot to include the linky and didn't realise till I got your comment - it should be there OK now x

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done to the winners of the last challenge, and once again a fab challenge this time,
    Hugs
    Suzy B :-)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Hazel - Thank you so much for picking my card for the Crafts 4 Eternity prize - Yay!!! I just emailed you. Congrats to the other winners!

    This challenge looks like another fun one - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats to the winners!!!

    LOL Hazel you were right, I never would have guessed this challenge ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats to the winners!!!

    LOL Hazel you were right, I never would have guessed this challenge ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely inspiration cards! I especially adore the one with the felt reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry, cannot see the link button, blond moment here!
    http://getthejclook.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/santa-coming-another-fab-new-release.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hazel, another great challenge - I like the photo and all the inspiration cards, especially the red and white one - the little felt deer is so cute. Congratulations to the winners of last week's challenge. Don't know what's come over me but I'm a day earlier than usual :)) Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never let it be said that I can't rise to a challenge, Hazel! Somehow I found the time to make a second card this week :)) Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Squeeker, I just got in with 13 minutes to spare. Great challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments