Saturday 13 April 2013

CHNC challenge 120: wonderful wings


Week by week I'm overwhelmed by the lovely entries for these weekly Christmas challenges - I am amazed at the standard of crafting that I see from 'regular's and I'm also glad to see new folk joining in with their wonderful creations. Thank you so much for your support and encouragement.

Before I get on to today's challenge, I need to let you know the winners of challenge 119. There were, of course, three opportunities to win a prize.

The first winner:
Number 6:  Christine Harrop who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Christine. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com with your address so I can arrange for you to receive your Saturated Canary stamp from That Craft Place.

The second winner:

Number 14: Elizabeth W who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Elizabeth. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com with your name and address so I can arrange for you to receive your prize package from Tando Creative.

The third winner:

Number 2: Helen who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Helen. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com with your name and address so that I can arrange for you to receive your Fabulous Shoe CD from Katy Sue Designs

Now on to:
Challenge 120

For today's challenge I'd like to see some 'wonderful wings' - angels, fairies, birds, butterflies ... anything with wings

Our first sponsor today is a familiar one here at CHNC:

Bugaboo Stamps are proud to sponsor this challenge - they are offering $21 of digital stamps to the randomly selected winner.

Everything That You Ever Wanted to Know About Bugaboo Stamps: A Short Essay
As if raising five children in the frozen land of the North was not enough of a challenge, Jodie Mackrell decided to dip her cold little Canadian toes into the world of papercrafting by opening an online store full of her illustrations. That was two years ago. Today Bugaboo Stamps is one of the leading companies in digital images, and we're still growing!  From seriously snarky to sugary sweet to sublimely soulful all the way over to the other side of the super sexy spectrum, you're bound to find all that you need and more to create your paper projects.  Jodie works very hard to provide New Releases and Freebies every week! 
 If your taste runs to rubber (and you know who you are), you can find Bugaboo Stamps   at Totally Stampalicious. And finally, join the Bugaboo Stamps DT   for weekly challenges at Catch the Bug

The second sponsor is Flonz craft, a New Zealand based company who are offering a $20 voucher to spend in their online store - and they will generously send to anywhere in the world with free p & p.They have an amazing range of stamps - the winner certainly will have fun choosing, including some lovely Christmas ones that you could then use for a future challenge.


The third sponsor is a new one to CHNC, Paper Creator:


'Paper Creator is an online store selling card making downloads, printable crafts & Sassy Cheryl's coloured illustrations.

We also now stock Sassy Cheryl's brand new rubber stamp range which are exclusive to us here in the UK.'

Paper Creator are offering the randomly chosen winner a £10 voucher to be spent in their online store.

Please visit the websites of these generous sponsors and support them -
you will be spoiled for choice!

For my first card I have used the lovely angel image supplied by Bugaboo Stamps, digitally coloured using Paint  - you can see more about this, including the challenge sketch that I used, here on My Crafty Outlook:


I'm sorry it's taken me so long to come back with another card featuring a stamp kindly supplied by Flonz craft, but here it is at last - and you can read about it here on My Crafty Outlook:


Now it's over to you. As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card. - this week I'd like to see some 'wonderful wings', so please feature anything with wings, perhaps an angel, a fairy, a bird, a butterfly ... whatever ideas you come up with.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 19 April. Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish (a good way to build up your stock of Christmas cards) and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on Saturday 20 April when there will once again be three chances to win a prize, thanks to generous sponsors.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you.

Don't forget
Don't forget that 'anything goes' monthly challenges are on my Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra blog - you can share any Christmas card you make throughout the whole month, including those that you link here - there is no restriction on the number of entries you can make throughout the month - the link for CHNC challenge extra for April is here.


Thank you for your support
I look forward to seeing your entries

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Oh, what a lovely surprise, Hazel. I'm so delighted to have been drawn. Congratulations to the other winners. Everybody's cards were beautiful and, in fact, they are all winners to me :) I'll drop you an email as requested. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many congratulations to the winners and another great challenge Hazel and gorgeous card xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Hazel - a lovely surprise! I've e-mailed you my details.

    Congratulations to the other winners too.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hazel so sorry, I was just not thinking and put my whole blog on instead of just the link. Could you delete for me and I will re-enter when have done so. That's what I get for doing 6 jobs at once. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just come across your blog. Thanks for the super challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments