Saturday 9 March 2013

CHNC challenge 115: Santa and/or his helpers


Update: Another big apology is needed from me - somehow linky details got the wrong times (not sure how this happened as I keep the same format for every week) - sorry if you were quick off the mark and couldn't link earlier ... and, of course, I've only just come on here and found out. It's all put right now.

Big apologies if I didn't get around to commenting on your entries for challenge 114. I'm preparing for a charity sale and, at the time I'm preparing this post, I still have cards to make - which is why there won't be links in place in the morning because I'll be leaving home at the time the challenge goes live - will be back in the afternoon to put everything on track!

Before I get on to today's challenge, I need to let you know the winners of challenge 114. There were, of course, three opportunities to win a prize.

The first winner:

Number 31: kbrandy4 (Hazel) who shared this lovely card:



Congratulations, Hazel. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com with your full name and address so I can arrange for you to receive your selection of ribbons from Creative Treasures.

The second winner:

Number 6: Stacysaurus who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Stacy. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to receive your £10 gift voucher to spend in The Ribbon Reel online shop.

The third winner:

Number 3: Louise who shared this lovely creation:


Congratulations, Louise. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com with your full name and address so that I can arrange for you to receive your Grandmas embroidery CD from Katy Sue Designs.

Now on to:
Challenge 115
For today's challenge I'd like to see Santa and/or his helpers
on your Christmas cards

The first sponsor this week is Bugaboo Stamps, a frequent sponsor of CHNC.

Bugaboo Stamps are proud to sponsor this challenge - they are offering $21 of digital stamps to the randomly selected winner.

Everything That You Ever Wanted to Know About Bugaboo Stamps: A Short Essay
As if raising five children in the frozen land of the North was not enough of a challenge, Jodie Mackrell decided to dip her cold little Canadian toes into the world of papercrafting by opening an online store full of her illustrations. That was two years ago. Today Bugaboo Stamps is one of the leading companies in digital images, and we're still growing!  From seriously snarky to sugary sweet to sublimely soulful all the way over to the other side of the super sexy spectrum, you're bound to find all that you need and more to create your paper projects.  Jodie works very hard to provide New Releases and Freebies every week! 
 If your taste runs to rubber (and you know who you are), you can find Bugaboo Stamps   at Totally Stampalicious. And finally, join the Bugaboo Stamps DT   for weekly challenges at Catch the Bug

The second sponsor is Crafts 4 eternity who is offering 3 digital stamps (winner's choice) from the Crafts 4 eternity collection.


The third sponsor is new to CHNC - Digistamps4Joy who will be giving five images to the randomly chosen winner. 

South African crafters are new to the digital stamping world, with the first South African online digital image store launched in 2010 – Digistamps4Joy(or DS4J).  In May 2012, Margy Kieser took over ownership of DS4J, and there are now two South African artists who contribute to the more than 500 images available. Margy has taken the store to new heights and the store now stocks digis that are cute, whimsical, artistic, sometimes serious, and sometimes humorous. In addition, one of our own South African rubber stamp companies granted us permission for one range of rubber stamps to be converted into digistamp images. The store has PAYPAL, PAYFAST (South African) and EFT (South African) facilities. Digistamps4Joy offers a monthly freebie on the first Friday of every month, and holds regular bi-weekly card challenges on our BLOG that draw entries from many international card makers.

We (DS4J) are also active on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/DS4Joy) and Planet (http://www.papercraftplanet.com/group/digistamps4joy).

Please visit the websites of these generous sponsors and support them -
you will be spoiled for choice!

I'm so pleased to welcome Margaret Gilmer from Digistamps4Joy who is joining me today as a Guest Designer. Margaret tells us a little about herself:

'I have been doing paper crafts since 2001. At first all I did was scrapbooking and one day in 2010, I decided to use my scraps to make a card. That was all it took. I soon abandoned scrapbooking and now do only cardmaking. I am first of all a child of God, a widow, mother, grandmother and great grandmother to three. I am retired from the legal field and spend the majority of my day making cards. I usually make only A2 size since I send most of my cards to Operation Write Home, a group that sends blank, handmade greeting cards to our military for them to write letters home to their loved ones. When I am not making cards, I spend my time reading mystery novels or cruising. My most recent cruise was an awesome trip through the Panama Canal.'

Thank you so much for sharing this with us, Margaret. Please visit Margaret's blog and leave her a comment. And this is the beautiful card that Margaret has made:



For my card I've used the 'Santa in chimney' image kindly supplied by Digistamps4Joy - you can read more about it here on My Crafty Outlook.


Now it's over to you. As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card. - this week featuring Santa and/or his helpers.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 15 March. Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish (a good way to build up your stock of Christmas cards) and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on Saturday 16 March when there will once again be three chances to win a prize, thanks to generous sponsors.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you.

Don't forget that 'anything goes' monthly challenges are on my Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra blog - you can share any Christmas card you make throughout the whole month, including those that you link here - there is no restriction on the number of entries you can make throughout the month - the link for CHNC challenge extra for March is here.


Thank you for your support
I look forward to seeing your entries

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! Thank you so much Hazel!! I will email you with my details.
    Congratulations everyone!!
    Hugs, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your charity sale goes well Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound over worked Hazel but l reckon you love it and it is a good course too! congratulations to the winners and l just love that Santa hopefully he will get out...lol another great challenge too enjoy your weekend xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments