Saturday 23 February 2013

CHNC challenge 113: one word is sufficient

It was great to see so much of the white stuff on your entries for Challenge 112 - although I'm not so glad that there have been flurries of snow today and more seems to be forecast ... brrr, thought we'd seen the last of that!

Before I get on to today's challenge, I need to let you know the winners of challenge 112. There were, of course, three opportunities to win a prize.

The first prize winner:

Number 55: Kim who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Kim. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to receive your  3 packs of die cuts from Crimson Cloud.

The second prize winner:
Number 50: Miria who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Miria. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to receive your 4 digital images from Delicious Doodles.

The third prize winner:

Number 13: Pauline who shared this lovely creation:


Congratulations, Pauline. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so that I can arrange for you to receive your $20 voucher to spend at Flonz craft.

Now on to:
Challenge 113
For today's challenge I'm asking you to only use one word on the front of your card

The first sponsor this week is Di's Digi Downloads- the randomly-chosen winner will be able given a $10 voucher to spend - just click on the link and feast your eyes on the super images - you will not be disappointed!

This is a little bit about Di who produces such gorgeous digital images:

'I have been drawing since a child and studied graphics at College many years ago, I now work as a Medical photographer part time but my love was always drawing. I started cardmaking about 4yrs ago when I bought my daughter a cardmaking kit which we did together, but I’m afraid I got the bug! My daughter preferred scrapbooking. I then started looking online at other blogs and this then became my passion and I loved sharing my cards with likeminded people.
I love stamping and loved finding images, but sometimes I could not find what I wanted so I started to draw myself.
This then has become my second addiction and I have never looked back, I love thinking of new images, and its just fabulous to see others take them and make them into beautiful works of art. Long may it continue!'



The second sponsor is Stamp n doodle, one of the leading digital stamp and downloadable craft card making webstores. We also offer crafting instructions and card making challenges. 

Stamp n doodle's uniqueness is the diversity of the Rubber Stamps and Digital Stamps we offer. In everything we do, we strive to be the complete resource for your stamping and card making needs. 

You will find useful tips, advice covered on our website. On our website we offer inspiration and new releases to weekly challenges on our Blog. 

We hope you find everything you need and enjoy trying our products and inspiration. Great images create great things 
About Stamp n doodle Rubber Stamps


Stamp n doodle exclusive Rubber Stamps come unmounted, which means you only receive the red rubber no cushion or wood block. These images work well on an Acrylic mount. 

About Stamp n doodle Digital Stamps Stamp n doodle's exclusive Digital Images come with free shipping and are sent to you within 24 hours of purchase.

A randomly-chosen winner will receive two digital images of their choice.

dilly beans badge.jpg

The third sponsor is a new one, Dilly Beans - original digital stamp designs by Megan K Suarez.

The randomly-chosen winner will receive 3 digital stamps of their choice.

For my card I've used the Amalia's joy banner digi kindly supplied by Dilly Beans  - you can read more about the card and the sketch I used here on my regular crafting blog 'My Crafty Outlook'. Of course, I've used the word JOY:


Another card for this challenge, using a Penny Black stamp and the word 'Harmony' - more about it here:


Now it's over to you. As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card. Last week there was an absence of snow, but this week please show any Christmas card that shows just one word on the front - 'One word is sufficient' - it might be celebrate, joy, peace, Noel, Christmas ... you can repeat the word if you wish, but no other words. I'm sure you can think of others.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 1 March. Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish (a good way to build up your stock of Christmas cards) and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on Saturday 2 March when there will once again be three chances to win a prize, thanks to generous sponsors.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you.

Don't forget that 'anything goes' monthly challenges are on my Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra blog - you can share any Christmas card you make throughout the whole month, including those that you link here - there is no restriction on the number of entries you can make throughout the month - the link for CHNC challenge extra for February is here - this will close at 20:00 UK time on 28 February and a new challenge will start on Friday 1 March. Update: March link is here.


Thank you for your support
I look forward to seeing your entries

Pin It


5 comments:

  1. Many congratulations to the winners Hazel and your card for this next challenge is gorgeous what a great image too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Hazel. I'll e-mail you asap. Hugs, Miria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel. I have finally joined in with your Challenges!! Thanks to a little arm twisting by our chum Di!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this challenge

    hugs from Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hazel, I'm here too - after chasing Sam :)) Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments