Saturday 16 February 2013

CHNC challenge 112: Let it snow again!


It was great to see your lovely entries for last week's challenge - I know that some of you, like me, found it quite difficult to avoid the snow scenes, the designer paper with snowflakes on, so for today's challenge 112 I'm reversing things and asking you to feature SNOW (hope we don't get any more irl).

Before I get on to today's challenge, I need to let you know the winners of challenge 110. There were, of course, three opportunities to win a prize.

The first prize winner:

Number 13: Anne (wicked witch) who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Anne. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to receive your  $21 of digital stamps from Bugaboo Stamps

The second prize winner:

Number 15: Meg who shared this lovely card:
Congratulations, Meg. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to receive your £10 store voucher from Live and Love crafts.

The third prize winner:

Number 34: Pat (PJKwho shared this lovely creation:


Congratulations, PJK. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com with your full name and address so I can arrange for you to receive your Christmas CD rom worth £24.99 from Katy Sue Designs.

Now on to:
Challenge 112
For today's challenge I'm asking you to make any Christmas card that features snow, snowflakes, snow scene ...

The first sponsor is Crimson Cloud:
"Crimson Cloud is a mother/daughter venture - a way to indulge our joint passion of cardmaking and crafting. We only sell products that we have tried, tested and love using. We have developed our own exclusive range of dies cuts, digital stamps, svg files and "Make Your Own Card" kits which reflect our styles of card making - and hopefully yours too!"

The randomly-chosen winner will receive three packs of die cuts of their choice from the wide selection at Crimson Cloud.

The second sponsor, Delicious Doodles, is new to CHNC:

Delicious Doodles is a young company with myself, Teri, as the Sole Trader/Designer. 

I have doodled and sketched all of my life. I started making greetings cards when my last child was born, and used my doodles on them as I couldn't find what I wanted in the usual craft places. 

I only started selling my images in the Autumn of 2009. I design and hand/mouse-draw all of the images that are sold in the Delicious Doodles Shop. Some are cutsie animals, some are sketched flowers, there are a few men's images, fairies and also some 'darker' images featuring vampires, skulls and Gothic stuff, something for everyone! 

Why not pop over and take a look: http://deliciousdoodles.blogspot.com

The randomly-chosen winner will be able to choose 4 digital images.


The third sponsor is Flonz craft, a New Zealand based company who are offering a $20 voucher + free post and packaging to spend in their online store. They have an amazing range of stamps - the winner certainly will have fun choosing, including some lovely Christmas ones that you could then use for a future challenge.

Please visit the websites of these generous sponsors and support them - 
you will be spoiled for choice!

This is a set of CAS cards using 'snowy postcard' one of Delicious Doodles lovely images - you can read more about it on My Crafty Outlook here:


For my second card I've used the 'children decorating Christmas tree outdoor'  stamped kindly supplied by Flonz craft -  you can read more about it on My Crafty Outlook here:


Now it's over to you. As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card. Last week there was an absence of snow, but this week please show any Christmas card that features snow ... snowmen, snow scenes, snowflakes ... the more snow, the better!

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 22 February. Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish (a good way to build up your stock of Christmas cards) and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on Saturday 23 February when there will once again be three chances to win a prize, thanks to generous sponsors.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added. 

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you.

Don't forget that 'anything goes' monthly challenges have started on my Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra blog - you can share any Christmas card you make throughout the whole month, including those that you link here - there is no restriction on the number of entries you can make throughout the month - the link for CHNC challenge extra for February is here.


Thank you for your support
I look forward to seeing your entries

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your winners Hazel, Just love these snowy post cards and Christmas card with that gorgeous snowy ribbon on amazing image truly beautiful and another fab challenge enjoy your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel, managed to submit by the skin of my teeth again. Congrats to last week's winners. Hope you like my interpretation of the challenge. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments