Saturday 19 January 2013

CHNC challenge 108: recycle or use something free


What a wonderful selection of Christmas cards you entered for last week's challenge - it's a pleasure for me to visit your blogs and see what you have been up to - the only trouble is that the more beautiful cards I see, the more I see stamps, digital images, papers etc that need to go on my wishlist! Thank you for your willingness to join in - it is because of the success of this challenge blog that even more sponsors have come on board to support it - I am very grateful to all the sponsors - please take a moment or two to look down the sidebar and go to their websites and support them by purchasing from them. I still have one or two more sponsors' buttons to add to the sidebar, so 'watch this space'.

Before I get on to today's challenge, I need to let you know the winners of challenge 107. There were, of course, three opportunities to win a prize.

The first prize winner:
Number 15: Katie Tate who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Katie. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to receive your $21 certificate from Bugaboo Stamps.

The second prize winner:
Number 32: Suze who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Suze. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to receive your $20 gift voucher from Flonz craft.

The third prize winner:

Number 48: Nicola who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Nicola. Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com with your full name and address so I can post your prize from Crafty Individuals.

Now on to:
Challenge 108
For today's challenge I'm asking you to recycle something
or use something that was free

Our first sponsor today is The Artistic Stamper who will be giving £15.00 worth of stamps (the winner's choice) to the randomly selected winner.

The second sponsor is a new one for CHNC and is offering 3 digital stamps (winner's choice) from the Crafts 4 eternity collection.

And the third sponsor is yet another new one:

Digital Supplies for the Craft World
Cedar Chest Designs offers quality products, bulk discounts, instant downloads and teacher benefits on digital stamps, digital scrpabooking images and a variety of other digital craft supplies from over a dozen unique artists.Winners will receive a free $10.00 Gift Certificate to purchase anything they would like from the online store.

This is my first card using a recycled gift card and some leaves from a Christmas cracker  - you can read more about it here on My Crafty Outlook:


For my second card I've used a digital image kindly supplied by one of this week's sponsors, Crafts 4 eternity,   - you can read more about it here on My Crafty Outlook:


And for my third card I've used a digital image kindly supplied by one of our other sponsors, Cedar Chest Designs, which you can read about here:


Adding three more that you can read about here:




I've been using up lots of old cards and bits and pieces so there are lots more examples of creating with recycled elements on My Crafty Outlook.

Now it's over to you. As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card - and this week please show any Christmas card on which you've used something recycled or something that was free to you. This is a good opportunity to make a start on cards for next Christmas - I know that some of you have already started to do this. If you didn't do this last year and were in a panic towards Christmas, why not make a New Year's resolution to make Christmas cards throughout the year?

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 25 January. Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish (a good way to build up your stock of Christmas cards) and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on 26 January when there will be a prize from a familiar sponsor and one from a new one.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added. 

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you.

Don't forget that 'anything goes' monthly challenges have started on my Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra blog - you can share any Christmas card you make throughout the whole month, including those that you link here - there is no restriction on the number of entries you can make throughout the month - the link for CHNC challenge extra for January is here. This will close on 31 January and a new 'anything goes' challenge will begin on 1 February.

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you have been busy, producing three cards already. Love the images from the sponsors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have a lot of catching up to do if I have to make three cards as gorgeous as yours. Thanks so much Mr Random, I look forward to playing with my fabulous prize.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the winners and Hazel your cards are gorgeous!! another great challenge too, enjoy your day xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome indeed both winners and DT!!!

    .... (you being the DT Hazel :D) and thanks for popping over yes came over to complete the link over and found previous one shut down. thanks for encouraging me thought :D from damp cool and lvoely Oz.
    Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely cards Hazel.
    This was a fun challenge I really enjoyed it.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are lovely as usual, Hazel, so creative!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards.

    Thanks for the challenge. Perfect for me as I love to use recycled items and papers. And at christmas I always get some free crafting items like ribons and stars from people who seem to love wrapping presents more than unwrapping them ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments