Saturday 21 July 2012

CHNC challenge 82: monochrome

I've so enjoyed 'seeing stars' all week - thank you for all your lovely entries. I think some of you are building up quite a nice supply of Christmas cards by now. If there's anyone who hasn't started yet, why not make this the week that you make your first Christmas card of this year - I guarantee that once you've got the Christmas stash out you'll want to make more!

Before I get on to today's challenge, I need to let you know the winner of challenge 81. Unfortunately, there could only be one winner and this is the result of using random.org:


Number 31: Rachel Fisher
who shared this lovely card


Congratulations, Rachel! Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to claim your $21 gift certificate from Bugaboo Stamps.

Challenge 82

For today's challenge I'm asking you to make a monochromatic Christmas card - use mainly various tones of one colour with white/neutral, or just black and white if you prefer

And for this week's challenge Digi Doodle Shop are once again generously giving a $10 gift certificate to the randomly-chosen winner.



DigiDoodle Shop is the results of a mother and daughter’s love for the arts and crafts.  It was started a little over 3 years ago with a little more than 100 stamps, and has since then grown to almost 500 stamps.  Joy (the mother of this team) designs realistic images, while Judy (aka/daughter) loves the “fun side of life”, and create images with a cartoon flair.  Having these two complimenting styles have enabled
Digi Doodle Shop to offer a wide variety of stamps.

It is a real honor and pleasure to sponsor this challenge, and we look forward to seeing all the amazing creations.  We thank the design team for their incredible creations, and wish all the participants the very best of luck in this challenge.

Thank you so much for having us, and again the very best of luck to all of you.
Sincerely,
Judy and Joy

Once again, Catherine (Catiecuddles) is joining me as a Guest Designer. She made these lovely cards - the first one using the 'Christmas ornaments'  and the second one using 'church scene' digital stamp from Digi Doodle Shop - you can read about Catherine's cards here.



For my card, I've used the 'sliding penguins' image from Digi Doodle Shop - you can read more about my card here on My Crafty Outlook.


There's another monochromatic card from me - you can see details here:




and another red one from me - details here:




Now it's over to you. As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card - and this week please use monochrome - mainly various tones of one colour or black and white.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday27 July.  Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish (a good way to build up your stock of Christmas cards) and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on 28 July.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you.


Please remember also to have a look at my CHNC page on facebook - if you do go there please join in by clicking 'like' so that I know that you've been there. During the week you'll find updates and hints of the next challenge - please feel free to chat there - I know that some of you do already - thank you.

Pin It

12 comments:

  1. woohoo! Thanks so much Hazel - will email you right away! Big Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monochrome is always a real challenge for me, although I did upload a monochromatic card earlier this week LOL. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Rachel

    Hazel I am actually on time for once and blogged mine now if you want to link when you get a moment.

    Really looking forward to seeing people's monochrome!

    Catherine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. In haste, a first entry Hazel. I promise to try to do something better as a second one :) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurrah for another Christmas card made! Thanks for more fab inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally fabulous challenge Hazel and your creations are beautiful, xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some more inspiration on my blog from today's creating session ... http://catiecuddles4christmas.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/green-inky-fun.html
    Loving blog hopping to visit you all!
    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, such great cards, such fab inspriation

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the nudge Hazel, not got a great internet connection this week so hadn't checked this weeks challenges. Would love to guest design for you if you have any spaces left later in the year. Love your inspiration. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this theme - always makes a card far simpler (which is what I am aiming for more and more). Great inspiration - and you always make a fab variety of cards. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hazel, great theme this week, it fairly exercised the old grey matter :) Your samples are lovely - love the red ones but my favourite has to be the one with the penguins :)) Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Back for a second play Hazel :) Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments