Saturday 12 May 2012

CHNC challenge 72: traditional Christmas colours

What a fabulous lot of stripy Christmas cards there were for last week's challenge 71 - I loved seeing them all - such variety and so much creativity - thank you all for your wonderful contributions. A gold star once again to Catherine who was all striped-out by midweek having made so many cards for the challenge.

It's great that this little blog has built up a lot of regular visitors and contributors, but is still attracting some crafters entering their Christmas cards for the first time - it's lovely to welcome you.

Before I get on to today's challenge, I need to let you know the winners of challenge 71. For the first time, there are two winners to announce:

The winner of two digital images of her choice from Stamp n doodle using random.org is:


Number 44: Marianne
who shared this lovely card:


And the winner of her choice of a  a stamp from Craft Brulee's ebay store using random.org is:


Number 43: Meg
who shared this lovely card:


Congratulations, Marianne and Meg! Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to receive your prizes.


Now we move on to today's challenge:

Challenge 72

For today's challenge I'm asking you to make a card using mainly the traditional colours of red and green

Bugaboo Stamps are proud to sponsor this challenge - they are offering $21 of digital stamps to the randomly selected winner.

Everything That You Ever Wanted to Know About Bugaboo Stamps: A Short Essay
As if raising five children in the frozen land of the North was not enough of a challenge, Jodie Mackrell decided to dip her cold little Canadian toes into the world of papercrafting by opening an online store full of her illustrations. That was two years ago. Today Bugaboo Stamps is one of the leading companies in digital images, and we're still growing!  From seriously snarky to sugary sweet to sublimely soulful all the way over to the other side of the super sexy spectrum, you're bound to find all that you need and more to create your paper projects.  Jodie works very hard to provide New Releases and Freebies every week! 
 If your taste runs to rubber (and you know who you are), you can find Bugaboo Stamps   at Totally Stampalicious. And finally, join the Bugaboo Stamps DT   for weekly challenges at Catch the Bug 

Today I'm joined by Yvonne, a member of the Bugaboo team, with her lovely card - please visit Yvonne's blog and leave her a comment. Thank you, Yvonne for joining me for this challenge:

Yvonne (Scrappy)
My card uses 'cupcake candycanes' kindly supplied by Bugaboo Stamps - you can read more about my card on my regular crafting blog My Crafty Outlook here:




Now it's over to you. As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card - and this week please use mainly the traditional colours of red and green.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 18 May.  Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish (a good way to build up your stock of Christmas cards) and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on 19 May.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you.


Please remember also to have a look at my CHNC page on facebook - if you do go there please join in by clicking 'like' so that I know that you've been there. During the week you'll find updates and hints of the next challenge - please feel free to chat there - I know that some of you do already - thank you.

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Wow, cannot believe I've won again!
    Congrats to Meg, too!
    I love your card Hazel. That dark green and fresh red work so well together and that layout is great. A fabulous take on the sketch.
    Off to e-mail you ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Hazel, I especially love the Christmas cupcake xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards there Hazel. I have made a card for this challenge and it is on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Hi! Fabulous card, Hazel! LOVE the traditional colors--thank you for the challenge!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for a great challenge and for such lovely Dt inspiration! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first entry. Will try and come back every week. Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments