Saturday 21 April 2012

CHNC challenge 69: lots of layers

You all certainly had me singing along to so many lovely Christmas songs/carols during the past week - thank you for all your lovely entries for challenge 68. And a big THANK YOU to everyone who has joined in my CHNC facebook page - if you haven't been there yet, please visit and join in, pressing the 'like' button.

Before I get on to today's challenge, I need to let you know the winner of challenge 68. Unfortunately, there could only be one winner and this is the result of using random.org:

Number 10: Fiona
who shared this lovely card featuring Silent Night:



Congratulations, Fiona! Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to claim your $21 gift certificate from Bugaboo Stamps.

Challenge 69

For today's challenge I'm asking you to use lots of layers (at least three) on your Christmas card.

And for this week's challenge Digi Doodle Shop are once again generously giving a $10 gift certificate to the randomly-chosen winner.



DigiDoodle Shop is the results of a mother and daughter’s love for the arts and crafts.  It was started a little over 3 years ago with a little more than 100 stamps, and has since then grown to almost 500 stamps.  Joy (the mother of this team) designs realistic images, while Judy (aka/daughter) loves the “fun side of life”, and create images with a cartoon flair.  Having these two complimenting styles have enabled
Digi Doodle Shop to offer a wide variety of stamps.

It is a real honor and pleasure to sponsor this challenge, and we look forward to seeing all the amazing creations.  We thank the design team for their incredible creations, and wish all the participants the very best of luck in this challenge.

Thank you so much for having us, and again the very best of luck to all of you.
Sincerely,
Judy and Joy

For my card I've decoupaged poinsettia layers cut with a nestie with my cuttlebug. You can read more about my card here on my regular crafting blog My Crafty Outlook.


I'm adding another card - this time I've used a nativity digital image kindly supplied by this week's sponsor, Digi Doodle Shop - you can read more about my card here.


Now it's over to you. As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card - and this week please use at least three layers on your card - how you do that is up to you - you might want to decoupage of just use layers of patterned paper.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 27 April.  Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish (a good way to build up your stock of Christmas cards) and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on 28 April.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you.

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Love your card, Hazel and another great challenge too - hope you like mine!

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done and congratulations to the winner:)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats Fiona :)

    beautiful card Hazel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the great challenge, this is my first Christmas card this year.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oopppsss!! Sorry, I missed out that the entries should be a Christmas Card :-)you may delete my entry. Thank you

    Venus

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a blast, hope you enjoy my Christmas Tag. Thanks for the challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments